DKERPS Project Management
DKERPS project management module connects project activities with your company financials and provides extensive reporting capabilities to equip employees with easy access to key project information, ensuring you complete projects on time and within budget, and maintain timely, accurate billing.
- Project Structure - Each project or assignment in the DKERPS project management module has a structure, which provides the flexible foundation you need to track and manage your projects to be on time and on budget. First is the assignment component, which is the agreement with the customer, and associated with pricing, conditions, and the customer ID. The assignment also indicates the type of agreement you have with the customer, which may be built on a fixed price, time and materials, or some other guidelines. There is also a master project component, which can be used to act as an "umbrella" to connect many related projects. The data structure then follows with the project itself, activities, and sub-activities, with predefined activity templates that generate forms. All projects, activities and sub-activities can be connected to one or many resources.
- Managing Projects and Milestone Billing - DKERPS project management module helps your project managers efficiently track and manage projects in order to stay on forecast, prevent cost overruns, and increase bottom-line savings. Project managers can assign resources to projects, as well as track estimated versus actual costs for the total project by activity. Projects can be further broken down for cost accounting or billing, grouping transactions using any dimension, including cost center, region, country, customer, product, or product line. Project managers also can create and track change orders at every stage of a project. If manufacturing orders are connected to projects, an integration with the shop floor control and time and attendance apps exists, so allocation of time and resources is done automatically.
- Graphical Planning and Scheduling - With DKERPS Graphical Planning application, you can view, plan and schedule project resources in a graphical manner. Within the easy-to-use graphical interface, you can assess the consequence of demand against capacity, as well as simulate various planning situations to identify the potential bottlenecks.
- Invoicing and Revenue Recognition - The project management features within DKERPS area include project-based rules for revenue recognition based on IFRS and GAAP-compliant profit recognition methods. You can determine how you want to recognize revenue on each individual project using established business rules, such as time and material, percentage complete, or fixed fee. The system captures all project costs and calculates project-to-date totals, providing you with the information you and your project managers need to issue invoices, send out purchase orders, avoid runaway costs and ensure a profitable revenue stream.
- Expense Allocations - With regulations mandating adequate 'internal controls' and regulatory bodies forcing management to certify their financial results, accurate expense tracking is critical. DKERPS project management module automates the expense report collection and approval process. You can then feed actual costs back into the project plan for an effective rolling forecast that managers can use to make faster, more informed decisions and ensure projects stay on track. You also can accelerate the re-billing of expenses by leveraging e-mail alerts and reminders to ensure the timely tracking and routing of expense reports for line, multi-level or project-based approvals.